School District: RSU #3
Superintendent of Schools: Heather Perry
The School Board Director for Unity is Najean Shedyak, June 2017
Central Office: 948-6136
Mt. View High School: 568-3255
Mt. View Junior High School 568-7561
The Dorothy W. Quimby Library at Unity College serves as Unity's public library.
The Unity Area Food Pantry
is open on the third Saturday of each month. The doors open at 7 am and food is passed out from 7:30 - 8:30 am.
For more information, call Dick or Bunny Moore at 948-6232.
Trash and Recycling
Trash pick-up: Monday in the outlying areas/Friday in the downtown area.
Trash stickers are available at the Town Office and Mac's True Value, Edward's Shop & Save, and The Depot.
Stickers are $1.25 each and are required on all bags (30 gallon bags)
Recycling pick-up is the third week of the month.
No stickers are needed on recyclables. For more information on recycling, see the
Unity Area Regional Recycling Center Brochure.
The old Transfer Station located on the Crosby Brook Road for metal goods is now closed. TA's Automotive on the Albion Road is accepting metal goods from 8am to 6pm, Monday through Thursday, and Saturday by appointment. Please call Tony Avila at 207-948-3400 to set up an appointment.
Unity Fire Department Open Burning Permits will be issued by
David Smith 207-948-3727
Melvin Perkins 207-323-1538
James Porter 207-323-4609
Jeff Curtis 207-465-6343
Ronald Stevenson 631-2511
- Hours of burn(s) will be AFTER 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- Weekend permits will be issued beginning at 8 am.
- Permits will be issued for one day ONLY. If you need to continue burning for a second day, a new permit must be issued.
- A signature on the permit is granted in good faith that the fire is carefully watched and controlled.
He/She will be liable for suppression costs if the fire becomes uncontrollable due to negligence or to not following listed safety requirements.
- A person renting any property is REQUIRED to have written permission from the property owner before he/she can be issued a permit.
- Open burning permits can be purchased online at maine.gov/burnpermit. There is a $7.00 fee to obtain the permit online.